Foundations Seminar at CrossFit Somerville - Oct-1-2016
Spend a full day with Coach Diane Fu of FuBarbell at CrossFit Somerville in Somerville, MA learning movement progressions and technical drills for improvement in the snatch and clean & jerk. This course is appropriate for coaches, trainers, and athletes of all levels looking to improve upon their own technical proficiency while gaining further understanding of the foundational principals applied in weightlifting. No previous experience with the Olympic lifts is required, but attendees should be reasonably versed with basic strength movements such as those found in CrossFit.
Attendees should be prepared for an active day of practical work separated by brief lectures. Lectures will cover topics ranging from:
1. A theoretical framework to develop movement within weightlifting
2. Discussions on the technical details of the snatch, clean and jerk.
3. The implications of various weightlifting techniques applied to different body types and how to adjust for YOUR body type.
4. Understanding bar path basics and the language of weightlifting.
5. Basic mobility to improve Oly positioning
Attendees will also have the opportunity to perform the snatch and clean & jerk under actual working loads and receive feedback, coaching and corrections from Coach Fu throughout the day.